Another Accolade for Siesta Key Beach
Posted by William True on
By this point, Siesta Key Beach is no stranger to being recognized as an incredible coastal spot to visit and live. After just being labeled the #1 beach in the USA by TripAdvisor, AARP made it a point to label Siesta Key Beach as the number one beach to visit this year. Author Eva Dasher wrote: "Wide expanses of powdery sand and emerald Gulf of Mexico waters attracts flocks of families as well as couples looking for a romantic getaway. After a day of shell collecting and kayaking, relax in the adjacent village that's chock-full of eateries and shops."
Beaches all across the world made the list and out of the twelve beach desinations, Siesta Key was the only Florida location listed and only one of four U.S. spots. Lifeguard Beach in North Carolina and Coronado Beach in California were included in the list. Following the number one spot came LaniKai Beach in Hawaii and St. John in the Virgin Islands coming in third.
See AARP's full list below of recommended beaches to visit this year.
1. Siesta Key Beach, FL
2. Lanikai Beach, Oahu, HI
3. Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI
4. Lifeguard Beach, Ocracoke Island, NC
5. Coronado Beach, CA
6. Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
7. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
8. Boulder Beach, Cape Town, South Africa
9. Vik, Iceland
10. Anse Source d'Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
11. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
12. Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi Leh, Thailand